Thursday Roll Call

Patricia R.
on 4/6/11 2:16 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning PA,
I have been having a blast with my Munchkins, but must say "Good-bye" to them today.  My daughter is leaving on Friday, and I am so sad her visit was so short.

Wednesday, she ended up not going to the Salvation Army.  Instead, I met them all up at Tyler State Park for play in a maze, and at a playground.  My daughter wanted them to get some fresh air, and exercise, because they have not been sleeping enough, and were extra fussy in the morning. 

Thursday has me heading to the podiatrist's office to get my stitches out.  Then, later in the afternoon, I will head to my ex's, where Colleen and the kids are staying, for a visit and to say "Good bye." 

Then, I may attend my Bible Study  It all depends on my pain level.  Evenings are the worst, because my foot swells up with edema, and is so painful. 

I hope eveyone has a great day.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Nicole0216
on 4/6/11 8:02 pm - Lancaster, PA
Trish glad you got time with the munchkins. I hope your foot feels better.

This am I was in a good mood until I got to work. Now I am in tears and cannot get myself together. We have to park across the street from our clinic and walk over due to limited parking.
This am, I was half way across the street, and this SUV pulled out of our clinic parking lot. It appeared to slow down and we made eye contact so I went to cross the other half. When I did they hit the gas and sped up towards me and barely missed, me. Scared me to death. No one here would like to think that it was intentional but whether it was or not it scared me and now I am rattled and cannot get it together. The thing that hurts more i think is that my immediate boss who I am close with brushed it off, and did not seem to care. I am supportive of her and help her manage her stress, but when I have something it is like she shuts down,

I can have a patient screaming in my office at me etc no problem but something like that is hard to recover from.

Anyway enough about that today I am having coffee with one of my good friends and then have therapy appt. So it will be a good end to a crap day.

I hope you all enjoy the day and yay yay tomorrow is Friday hopefull i will live to see it LOL
Lisa H.
on 4/6/11 8:34 pm - Whitehall, PA
 OMG Nicole, that is so scary.  I don't blame you for freaking out.  I can't believe your boss brushed that off.  It seems intentional to me..like someone was trying to scare you, for sure.  

I'm glad you have a therapy appointment tonight so you can talk about it with someone who will listen. 

((((HUGS)))))

My tracker

hers 

Nicole0216
on 4/6/11 8:44 pm - Lancaster, PA
Thanks I feel like such a whiner. But I have had a death threat on my car, and almost been run over in the parking lot as well since I started here. It is dark in the morning alot of people moving around I know but this was scary. Thanks
Lisa H.
on 4/6/11 8:55 pm - Whitehall, PA
 You are sooooo not being a whiner.  When you work with the people you do, there is always going to be an unknown element you have to deal with.   I would have been crying hysterically after something like that.  

My tracker

hers 

Laureen S.
on 4/6/11 11:22 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Wow Nicole, that is awful and more so because your are not feeling supported in your work environment.  Just stay alert and if possible, if something like that ever appears to happen again, try and get the vehicle make and license plate number and report it.

Take care, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

dit657
on 4/6/11 9:57 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hugs, Nic - sounds like you're pretty shaken, and while it might seem like overkill maybe you should report it to the police. I doubt you were able to get a license number, but if you could at least describe the vehicle and the person you made eye contact with it would be good to have it on record, in case you encounter this person again.

I hope the rest of your day goes better - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bvohl
on 4/6/11 11:42 pm
Nicole,

OMG!!!!!! Just reading this and I am freaking out! So sorry that you are going through this, you so do not deserve this! Your boss is a *itch! Remember you have our support anytime you need it!!

Take care and watch your back!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

steffihope
on 4/7/11 12:41 am - Philadelphia, PA
Uch - I tried to respond to this earlier - but then these darned kids needed me - I am so sorry that you re struggling today.  It is TOTALLY scary and it sucks that your boss just blew it off - it IS a big deal and one that should be acknowledged.  Just remember, you are a grown-up - if you need to leave to take care of yourself - then do it!  No one can make you feel less than you are - and you need to take care of you!  I love you and am VERY glad that you are safe!
Sara E.
on 4/6/11 9:13 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Good morning PA!
Today has me working to 4:30 then going home to make dinner, do laundry and pay bills.  Wow is my life exciting today...LOL

Sara

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views